Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dal Bati.. OverBaked!


The Dal I cooked turned out oh! so delicious, I have to admit, it was a little spicy for my taste. I did not use the gas tandoor nor did I fry the batis in desi ghee. I decided to bake them, and once they were done, the colour did not seem right. So, to get that lovely brown tinge, I grilled them for five minutes after the baking was done. I should not have acted over-smart and pulled that trick. My batis were over-baked making the crust was dry and harder than the ones I have eaten earlier but the core of the bati was well cooked and tasty. Oh well, this was just my first try, I will get there in due course of time, won’t I, Mr. Mumbai boy “originally” from Rajasthan? Even if I don’t, I know someone who can make them right.


You will find this recipe in the recipes section of this blog, under the heading; The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment